Wednesday, November 21, 2012

my oh my

I am such a slacker at this blog. I miss writing. It's always so nice to get stuff out....even my silly little thoughts that make me giggle.

Lots has happened since I last wrote. Patience finally paid off and I now have health insurance. Praise God for that. I was sick for 30 days this summer with no insurance. THIRTY DAYS. It was horrible and at some points, I was fairly certain I was dying. Between my regular doctor and my dermatologist, in those 30 days, I was at the doctor 4 times. I was on 2 different antibiotics (one gave me an lovely allergic reaction). It was also about 9,000 degrees hotter than the surface of the sun so on top of dying, I had a horrible heat rash at the same time as an allergic reaction. It was epic. My motto in those 30 days was "go big or go home". I'm still trying to figure out how I came up with the $500+ I spent between doctor visits and medicine and orange juice. I wish I lived somewhere more tropical so I could grow my own oranges. The health insurance is amazing. I had two wellness check ups and I haven't had to pay anything. It was a huge weight lifted.

My last post was about going to school. Like I said, I was dying incredibly sick this summer. That put a wrench in my plans. Between money and having to preregister, I never got around to it. The more I started thinking about it, the more I decided that this isn't the right time for me to go back right now. Maybe one day I will. But for now, I'm pretty happy with things. The office is moving and I'm already over it. February will be here soon enough! It's worth it because it's in a much safer/nicer part of town. I just have to remember that it'll work out. We will be gone for a week in January for our yearly tradeshow we attend and we start moving stuff around the time we leave for Vegas and then come back to start moving everything into the new office. It'll be intense. But like I said...it's gonna work out.

Hopefully, I will start writing more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment