Tuesday, May 15, 2012

School


I am going back to school.

Yes, you read that right. I have decided it’s time that I do something else in life. I’ve grown restless. I feel like I’m stuck at a job with a glass ceiling. There is nowhere else for me to go other than back to school. I have always wanted to be a nurse. So while I was off last week, I had an appointment with Baptist School of Nursing here in Memphis to discuss what it would take for me to get into their program. OMW. It was overwhelming just going downtown to meet with them but then I heard what all I needed to do and it scared the hell out of me. But, I know this is what I want to do. SO. Here I am, almost 27 and I’m going back to school. I need to take a few more core classes (ie: nutrition, A&P and its lab, Microbiology, and a few others) to help raise my GPA to make me more competitive. I can take them at the local community college and the good news is, they will all transfer to Baptist! Plus, it’ll help me out when I start the program. It’ll just be a few less classes I need to take. I hope to start those in the fall at night. I’ll have to keep working to pay off my debt and to keep paying all my bills. I’m looking to start in the fall of 2013 or maybe spring of 2014. If I can take the classes I want to at Northwest, then he said I should be able to start right in with the nursing program. It’ll be a trimester of their prep classes and then starts clinical trimesters. It should take me 2-3 years to complete the program…depending on the track I take. They have a “day school track” and a “night/weekend school track”. I’m hoping they accept me into the “night/weekend school track” so I can keep working full time.

So that’s where I’m at right now. It’s scary. It’s overwhelming. But mostly, it’s exciting. 

I can’t wait.

1 comment:

  1. You are gonna be an amazing nurse! If you have any questions about anything, Vic, just let me know! I just went through all this!

    ReplyDelete