Friday, July 19, 2013

perspective.

It's always funny how little things pop up in life and show you things aren't so bad after all. The bible verse above was sent to me last night by a good friend. It makes me stop and think "Is this how people see me and think of me?" After all, she said when she saw it, she immediately thought of me. The more I think about this, the more it snowballs for me. I have been wallowing in such self pity lately that it's straight up ridiculous. What she should have send me was something along the lines of "Hey crazy, it's called life, suck it up." But she didn't. Instead, she chose something uplifting and positive. Every now and then, we all need that kick in the ass. I doubt I am anywhere close to being that bible verse let along being a "Proverbs 31 woman". I am humbled that someone who has seen me complain SO MUCH lately, would see that and immediately think of me. It reminds me that I need to reprioritize life again. Things like being "Negative Nancy", wallowing and complaining all need to go. I gave it up once so why in the hell did I start back? Life is too short for that. I have to stop with these pity parties, because afterall, I like my parties with cake and ice cream. I think C.S. Lewis sait it best:
 
"There are far, far better thinks ahead than any we leave behind."
 
I need to burn that in my brain. Tattoo it on my forehead. Write it down and stick it EVERYWHERE so I read it multiple times a day and BELIEVE IT. Greater things are yet to come and greater things are still to be done. This isn't the end of the world. This too shall pass. It's just life. It's just another chapter in my book. God is starting the next one.
 
Perspective. Now I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment